Friday, March 27, 2015

When I Needed to go to the Veterinarian!

By Mandie:

About a month ago, I was acting very strange. I couldn't rest and I was pacing back and forth and panting.  At bedtime I was particularly troubled. I couldn't get comfortable. I didn't like my crate anymore. And believe me. My crate had been one of my favorite places. When it was time to go in my crate I would cry and carry on. If I got out. I wouldn't rest and I would pace back and forth trying to get out of our bedroom. Scratching at the door. I was just trying to get out. I was so uncomfortable that I couldn't lay down. I even tried to jump out the window. Thankfully it has been hateful cold winter and the windows weren't open. I hesitate to think of what would have happened if the windows had been open.  This went on for a couple days.

In the process I started panting and shivering. My tongue and gums would turn light gray when this happened. My people knew this wasn't normal and took me to the emergency veterinarian. The emergency veterinarian thought that it was either cancer or congestive heart failure. They took a X-Ray and it confirmed one or the other. Then I got a shot of Lasix and they waited an hour. Took two more X-Rays and it was confirmed that I had congestive heart failure.

My people brought me in early and they were able to treat it quickly. I didn't have to stay in the hospital.

The moral of the story is this. We animals cannot speak. If we start to act strange in any manner. Please make an appointment with our doctor. It just might save our life.

Don't let the innocent face fool you. I am dreaming of jumping up on the Dining Room table



No comments:

Post a Comment